Facilitators: Lori Campbell & Jeff Horner
1. Reflect on and discuss with your team the campus Organizational and also formal/informal Functional Structure. Are these different? Should they be?
2. From your team's understanding of organizational and functional structure, what are the current working relationships between key areas of mobile learning? Are these relationships adequate for cross disciplinary/area?
3. Thinking through mobile learning as you understand it, does it currently exist in your strategic plan? If not, where will it fit?
Facilitators: Kim Bolton & David White
1. Can the wireless network in your classroom accommodate a classroom of mobile devices?
2. Could you write a one-to-two page plan that would detail how you would use a mobile device in your classroom, how you would assess student learning outcomes, and how you would assess student engagement?
3. What are the most likely challenges you will have to overcome to implement mobile learning in your classroom? Are you ready to meet with failures from using mobile devices in your classroom? How will you overcome those failures, and how will your supervisors react to them?
4. Have you thought about using mobile devices for enhancing student learning outside the classroom?
Team Student Services
Facilitators: Robbie Melton & Donna Seagle
1. If you were designing a Campus App, what would be the key components that you would suggest to support student services?
2. What accessibility perimeters will you recommend for your campus as you identify mobile devices?
3. How would you utilize mobile devices to improve enrollment/recruiting, retention and engagement?
Walters State Community College
Facilitators: Joe Sargent & Kevin Fowler
1. Is your infrastructure designed for mobilie devices in any classroom? If not, how can you feasibly priorize?
2. Is there a need for relationship building for mobilization to be realized on your campus?
3. Have you considered how you will manage the influx of mobile tools?
4. Do you have a structure for purchasing apps?
SoftChalk Presentations from WSCC Natural Science
Mobile Learning Documents
Apps for Instructors
Mobile Learning Tools
Break Out Session Materials