* For timely posting and to prevent mail delays, please place mail in the correct slot in the Postal Services area. The WSCC mail slot is for interdepartmental mail on the Morristown Campus. The U.S. mail slot is for stamped mail and mail that requires metering for delivery to the U.S. Postal Service. Mail to other campuses can be placed in the slots located in the back of the Postal Services lobby.
* Separating the mail to be metered by departmental account will help expedite the mailing process. After the mail pieces are separated into sealed and non-sealed bundles, make sure that all envelope flaps are down. Place rubber bands on the bundles and deposit in the U.S. mail slot. Mail trays are available in Postal Services for larger mailings.
* All manila envelopes mailed should be banded together and labeled with either the department name, or department FOAPAL. Also, securely tape or seal large envelopes taping over the fastening prongs. NOTE: PLEASE ENSURE THAT TAPE DOES NOT COVER THE POSTAGE AREA ON THE FRONT OF THE ENVELOPE. Non-taped items may be subject to higher mailing rates.
* Folded self mailers or newsletters must be put in envelopes.
Location: College Center 125
The WSCC Post Office is open (with a clerk present):
8 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
The doors are open from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Mail Pick-up Times by US Postal Services
Mail received in Postal Services before 8:45 a.m. will be taken by the U.S. Postal Service most days between 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Mail received after 9 a.m. will be processed by the U.S. Postal Service in the late afternoon stop.
* Certified mail may be sent when the sender requires a receipt for proof of mailing and/or delivery. The U.S. Postal Service will return a canceled receipt when the mail piece has been received for processing, and a return receipt card upon delivery of the mail piece.
* Supplies for certified mail are available upon request from Postal Services.
* Fees for this service include the regular postage plus a charge for sending the item certified mail and a fee for the return receipt from the recipient.
* Certified mail should be brought to Postal Services before 8:30 a.m. to be included in the out-going morning mail. Certified mail can not be sent out with the afternoon mail.
* The postage savings realized through standard (bulk) mail can be up to half of the price of sending mail pieces via first class mail.
* To qualify for standard mail, a mailing must contain 200 identical pieces. Folded self mailers need to be placed in envelopes for mailing.
* Manila envelopes meeting the standard mail criteria above may also be mailed at slightly higher mail rates, but at a substantial savings over first class.
Simplified Standard Mail (Bulk Mail) Procedures
For timely delivery and qualification of standard mail pieces, follow these steps.
1. A minimum of 200 identical pieces is required for the standard "bulk" rate.
2. If the mailing has not been sent through a process to determine incorrect addresses, each bulk mail piece must be labeled with the following: RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED. Please check with WSCC Postal Services personnel for the correct wording and position on the mail piece.
3. Organize and bundle the mailing in zip code order. Make sure the return address for Walters State is on each envelope. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FOAPAL.
4. Place mail in ZIP CODE ORDER with the envelope flaps down in mailing trays. Mailing trays can be obtained from Postal Services.
5. Bring the mailing to Postal Services as early as possible for processing. The completed standard mailings must reach the U.S. Postal Services before 3 p.m. on the day it has been completed by Postal Services personnel.
Standard Mail Turnaround Times
Smaller standard mailings of 200 - 500 pieces arriving before 8:30 a.m may be processed the same day.
600 - 400 pieces -- 1 - 2 business days
Over 4000 pieces -- 3 or more days
If you have any questions
WSCC Postal Services
Stamps can be purchased in the WSCC Bookstore.
CASH PAYMENT REQUIRED!
If an item is to be sent to arrive the next day, or within two days, contact the Purchasing Office to secure supplies for the item to be sent by express carrier. Next day or 2nd day letters may be delivered to the switchboard counter in the lobby of the College Center Building for pick-up by an express carrier. Larger overnight packages may also be sent by contacting the shipping and receiving clerk. Please ensure that your complete FOAPAL and department name is on your express carrier item to be sent.